Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Bridge Thing, Part Deux


I told you all about my bridge phobia in my post about Mystic, CT. Ssssssh, don’t tell anyone, I’ll get embarrassed. My biggest bridge fear is walking across a really high one over water. Get ready for what comes next…

When I got to New York, I decided it was time to take positive action, so I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Really. You know me. I never do things half way.

We took the subway to the Brooklyn Bridge stop and walked back across the bridge to Manhattan. It would be difficult to convey how terrified I was, but FB said it was like holding on to a vise grip lined with a sponge. If you ever wanted to see me completely terrified, that is a picture of me holding on to the park bench for dear life about halfway across.

Just went I got past the midpoint, I was struck the beauty of seeing Lady Liberty to my left and the Chrysler and Empire State Buildings to my right. While I didn’t exactly relax, I was at least able to appreciate the wonder of what I was seeing.
Fear not, for lo I am with you always, even unto the end of the age or the Brooklyn Bridge,whichever comes first.

No comments: