Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bedroom








One of the things I love most about my bedroom is the old fireplace mantel. The fireplace is now set up for a pot-bellied stove, but we may open it up some day. All of the items on the mantel are thrifted except for the birdhouses.
My headboard was found left out for the trash. I changed the black finish to green with some spray paint. The hanging plates and saucers are all from Goodwill and junk stores. The "window: is a frame of the window from the old chicken house where Bruce tended chickens as a young child and later used to build model rockets. He added the chicken wire for me. If you look to the far right of the fireplace mantel there is on old elementary school desk from the fortie.

No comments: