Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It Is Well With My Soul Part 2


MEMORIAL AT FORT HOOD

I haven't blogged about the Fort Hood Ambush, but today's televised memorial service really made me sad. My father was an Army physician, so the thought that another Army physician could do such a terrible thing is horrifying to me.

I wept through the entire service for these brave soldiers, but I was really gratified to hear the passage from Isaiah, you know the one, "Whom shall I send?" and the response is, "Send me, Lord." I was glad that our attempts at political correctness, our zeal to remove God entirely from public life, did not prevent Scripture from being read at a government memorial.

As I stood there watching the President stop before a picture of each fallen soldier, I heard the Army band playing "It is Well With my Soul."

I remembered the God who laughs as the nations rage.

When I feel scared about what happenes in the world, I like to listen to this amazing Rich Mullins song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKDte0d_7M&feature=PlayList&p=CE138EBD0DA72809&index=0

May the God of all comfort be there for anyone reading this.

No comments: