Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Hoosier Cabinet


I've been wanting a Hoosier cabinet for most of my adult life. A Hoosier cabinet was used in the 1920's and 1930's, before it was common to have built-in cabinets and counters in kitchens. Hoosiers were made by various companies over the years. Some had built in flour bins with sifters, some had glass fronted cabinets; there were a variety of styles to choose from.

Now I'm not the kind of girl who gets the crazy good buys at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. That's more Debra from As I See it Now or Manuela from the Pleasures of Homemaking. However, if I only have to get a good deal once, I'm glad it was this one.

I finally have my treasured Hoosier cabinet for the grand total of $100. I think it looks like it was made to be in my kitchen. We removed a counter to slide it into place. The wonderful rooster bins you see were a gift from my mother.

No comments: