Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Friday, January 29, 2010

Show and Tell Friday

It is a very cold evening here in Southern Virginia and we anticipate a significant amount of snow  I hope that I never grow so old as to complain when it snows.  I can't wait!  Even though I'm planning some snow angels Saturday morning,   I always love to have fresh flowers around the house.

I've had my old sewing machine table so long that I no longer remember where it came from.  I spray painted it off-white several years ago. The picnic basket was recently thrifted at Goodwill.  Today I filled with cut flowers and plants from Food Lion.  The lacy fabic you see coming from the basket was tatted by my husband's grandmother, Irma Fodge.

Please visit over at "My Romantic Home" for more Show and Tell Friday ideas at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

What a beautiful grouping. I love the old sewing table.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a pretty seating area! The basket filled with flowers is so pretty and I like that little tea set in front of it.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it, I'll be back.
I have an old sewing table like that,(it's painted black with a white marble top) after seeing yours, I want to paint mine white, so pretty.