Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Saturday, August 28, 2010

Flexibility

Today I learned a lot about flexibility. I’m a great one to make plans and not bounce back well when they don’t work out the way that I thought that they should. It is all about needing to have control, one of the least attractive things about me.

Off I went with my little plans to go to Starbucks with my dogs. It wasn’t too hot today, so I could go back to sitting outside with Lulu and Little Bit. Then I was going to go to a nationwide chain grocery store to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables. Loaded up the dogs. Check. Got the vente three equal six pump sugar free cinnamon dolce latte. Check. Greeted my Starbucks peeps. Check. Got said dogs settled down. Check.

And then the best-laid plans began to unravel. Someone else brought an aggressive dog. I tried to move the table out of the sun and the leg fell off. An older man with a rather loose grip on reality invaded my space and made me feel uncomfortable. I left.

I decide to drink my latte in the car and drive through some neighborhoods that I enjoy. I saw the idyllic scene you see below.






Took a walk with the doggies and saw this and that. They liked it better than Starbucks and so did I.


The pictures above are why they call it Waterview.


And then I found my vegetables from Charles Nixon’s stand here:

And brought home the vegetables here:

Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand.  Proverbs 19:21          





1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh, I love it when that happens! When God shows us His plans are way, way better than ours (happens to me all the time... my plans can get pretty boring....heh). LOVED that first hammock photo! Oh my. Blessings, Debra