Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Favorite Things

I've written about my church pew before, one of my favorite things.  There are certain areas, like my mantle, the marble top table, and the pew that I love to tweak on and change around for the seasons.   Click on any of the pics to see a larger view, if you like. 

I've had my eye on those two botanical prints. I fell in love with their delicate colors, as well as the unusual wicker frames. When I saw they were marked down to $11, I pounced.
 
Among our favorite family movies is The Sound of Music.  My sister, Kerry, holds the current family record of having viewed it 9,724 times along with every episode of Little House on the Prairie 10 times.  This is why she knew that the actor Patrick Laborteaux who played "Bud" on JAG was also "Andy Garvey" on Little House when he was a child.  You can see why I depend upon her for these things. But I digress. 

Sometimes I really like the texture of simple things, which is why I loved the balls of string in the bowl.  The Lenox bowl was a housewarming present from my cousin Marianne, who is actually more like a beloved auntie.  I use the bowl constantly.

I've been crazy lately for this font called "Veteran Typewriter."  Along with my obsession with naming things with Scrabble tiles, I also like to make old-timey looking labels printed on card stock using that font.  It is available on line free, just Google the name and download it.  Thus, the bowl has been labeled "brown paper packages tied up with string" part of the lyrics of  "My Favorite Things" which Julie Andrews sang in the movie. 


Just a glimpse into the strange workings of my mind.  Yes, I know, it scares me too, sometimes.  Oh the prints?  From Walmart.  And, no, I don't mind one bit if you want to run out and buy them, too.

No comments: