Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Henri's Bakery, Atlanta

I love spending time with my sister.  We are extremely different in many ways.  There is a larger than usual age gap between us of 12 years.  I am Type A, she is Type B.  I question everything; she rolls with the flow.  She is patient; I am not.  Karensa has the cool name; I have the classic one.  Kerry has an awesome sense of direction, while I delight in navigating in NY City because of the logical street grid.   However, we do have some notable similarities...a quirky and ironic sense of humor, a love of Christian music and reading, we both talk with our hands, and cry when we laugh really hard.

During some tough times for me, I have relied on my sister's help.  Her calm nature and her basic, unshakable conviction that God will take care of everything have sustained me in moments of panic and fear.  Kerry has helped with practical things and been there for emotional things.  She was born on Friday the 13th, but she dispels that whole superstition because she has been one of the greatest blessings in my life.

We were able sneak out recently when I was in Atlanta to have lunch at Henri's Bakery.

We sat in seats like these.  I had a Greek salad and Kerry had a sandwich on a croissant.
Henri's smells sublime and it looks even better.  There are no calories if you just take pictures.
Check out the cupcakes.  The frosting rose covers the entire top.  Yum!


1 comment:

Alex M said...

I love that bakery smell!!!