Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

And speaking of Andy Williams, I can just hear him singing that song.  No, I am not confused on the date at all.  For me, Autumn is the most wonderful; time of the year.  I do not blossom in extremely hot weather.  In fact, high temps often make me feel unwell and cranky.

Pumpkin spice lattes are a seasonal item which disappear after New Year's.  The moment they arrive at Starbucks marks the beginning of Fall for me, despite the temp or the calendar.  Shortly afterwards, the evenings become a little cool...just that bare hint of Fall.  The days are pleasant and this period of time is my most wonderful time of the year.

Virginia is still a major agricultural area when you get out of the suburbs.  We are blessed with farm stands all around which do Autumn in a big way.
I adore church pews.  This high-backed pew is particularly charming.

I couldn't find the name of this country store out 12 miles from my house in the country.  It was closed for the day, so I couldn't ask.  Yes, I did trespass and take pictures.
Enjoy every moment of this season with its wildly exuberant colors, the crunch of the leaves under foot, the sounds of the geese honking as they fly in formation, the taste of pumpkin bread,  and the slimey feel of the seeds you pull out when you carve a Jack-o-Lantern.  Savor it all, because it will be over before you know it.


No comments: