Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Despicable Me

To say that my husband has an unusual job is putting it mildly.  Sometimes he sends me pics or quips during his work day.  I sometimes wonder if he's kidding around or being serious.  I got a pic via a smart phone which was entitled, "Despicable Me" yesterday.

When I first saw the title of the message, I wasn't sure whether he was trying to tell me that he forgot to take the garbage out to the street, he was having one of those days (as we all do) when he was REALLY doubting his self image, or he was thinking of the movie of the same name.

As it happens, it was none of the above.  Who knew that there was a Despicable Me blimp promoting the next Despicable Me movie (Despicable Me 2) and that it needed a little TLC?  That's what the company he works for does and so, here it is in the hanger.  You can get a good idea of the scale by checking out the white pick up underneath.  It is one of those big pick ups with a "back seat" before the truck bed.

I should add that the company he works for does a lot of things other than fixing "ole Despicable" including military and communication applications.  Bruce works on that side of the house.

Sometimes it is embarrassing to admit that your husband plays with balloons for a living. - and he he isn't even a clown!


No comments: