Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Sunday, June 8, 2014

Flea Market Gardening - Potting Bench

I've been obsessed with all the gardening and potting shed pics on Flea Market Garden and Pinterest.  In particular, I've loved the different assembled potting benches I've seen.  Love them, love them, love them!

http://www.fleamarketgardening.org/2014/03/29/perfectly-possible-recycled-potting-benches/

I was driving the scenic route home through Olde Towne and saw the little cabinet that you see as the back of the "bench."  It was at the curb for trash pic up.  It smelled weird and was all white (with stains).  Here it is after I got the doors off:

I put it in the back seat and considered my other options.  About 12 years ago, my friend, Tanya, came over with an old kitchen counter someone had discarded at the curb.  It was fabulously 1950's and in perfect condition.

I spray painted the inside of the shelf white and the doors bright red.  I could tell you that I wanted some balance in color, but the truth is that I wasn't sure if I had enough red spray paint for the whole thing.

I moved my little Herb Garden box around and added some fun tin buckets from the dollar store.


No comments: