Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Joni Eareckson - Soaring with Wings as Eagles

What can I say about Joni Eareckson Tada, which hasn't already been said?  Well, I guess I can talk about what a personal inspiration she is to me.  I remember before I knew God (instead of just knowing His name) I would read her books with longing to have a relationship with Him like she did.  I particularly remember one morning when I was so hungover that eating Grape Nuts sounded like an explosion in my head, but I kept reading.

She was one of a number of "seeds" planted in my past which finally bore fruit when I was in my mid-twenties.  Joni has continued to inspire me all these years with her courage, good humor, faith, and talents.

A few years ago, Joni faced cancer with the same steadfastness and inspired me all over again.

She's been cured, thanks be to God, and cancer free.  Joni and hubster, Ken, both work together in her non-profit, Joni and Friends.  Among other things, Joni and Friends sponsors camps for children with disabilities and their caretakers.

Check out her webpage and look at the video of Joni LITERALLY soaring like an eagle.  I'd be scared to do with WITH my arms and legs working  Watch a breathtaking demonstration of the Lord being our strength.

Love her, pray that God will continue to bless her, and thank Him for all she continues to do.  You GO, Girl!

Joni flies like an eagle

No comments: