Eclectic, quirky, and sometimes edgy…this is how things look from my front porch.




Tuesday, November 3, 2015

And a Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven

Fall comes later in Virginia than it did when I was up North, as a child.
Now the days are ending early, but the flowers flourish.   Our temperatures are in the sixties and the seventies.  My flowers are happier than in the dog days of August and September.
The trees across the street are just beginning to put on their fall clothes.
The last daisy nestles with some apple mint. I am always sorry to see them go back to sleep until spring.
Geraniums are party animals, the very last to go, hanging out until last call, when we get a hard freeze.

"To everything, there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven."  Ecclesiastes

Here's a gratuitous dog pic because I love her.  She's looking a bit more pit bull here than Labrador. That's one of her "babies" that I pick up at the Dollar Store.


No comments: